This is for children from the aged of 5-6
This is a 45-minute class which provides a perfect combination of fun and fitness. This class includes pre- schooler level tumbling, flexibility, strength training, balance, coordination, and development of age appropriate motor skills. Children practice locomotor skills, such as jogging, galloping, skipping, hopping, chassés and stretching to warm up their muscles and create flexible bodies. Lastly, they go to the equipment and work on tumbling ( floor mats) and mini-trampoline.
The Grade R lessons cover:
- Crossing the midline (bilaterality)
- Spatial awareness, body awareness
- Important perceptual and gross motor skills for this developmental stage
- Strengthening muscle tone,
- Improving concentration
- Balance and proprioception
- Stimulation of co-ordination and agility
The basic physical and thinking skills that gymnastics and motor development involve, promote not only strength, flexibility, co-ordination, and agility, but also develop important thought-processes and perceptual patterns that will be very important in your child’s other intellectual/physical pursuits that are necessary in both school and other sports.